Terms & Conditions
Placing your order
All items on our website are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if an item you have ordered is not available.
Payment can be made by the methods shown during the online checkout process. All payments including Paypal, Klarna and Debit/Credit card will be taken on order placement. We will not be held liable for the any delays or non-delivery of goods due to failed payment authorisation. Klarna will provide you with specific payment terms. For further information or questions regarding Klarna payments please visit Klarna’s website or contact Klarna’s customer service.
Acceptance of your order
Please note that we have not accepted your order until we despatch the products you have ordered from us, and that all products ordered via our website remain the property of Emma Bridgewater Ltd. until we have received payment for them in full.
We will let you know by telephone or email if we are unable to supply any products you have ordered from us. If payment has already been taken for products we are unable to supply, then we will refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
- All personalised orders are considered final at the point of order placement.
- Please ensure that you take extra care when entering any names or messages into our website as we are unable to offer refunds or replacements for personalised items unless they are faulty.
- Please be aware that, "Body" text refers to the side of the piece (or face if it is a plate), and "Base" text refers to the underside of the piece.
- All personalised pieces must contain at least one character on the body to be accepted.
Our personalised items, including non-scripted personalised, are handmade, therefore delivery can be up to 2 weeks.
- Orders that contain both personalised and non-personalised items will be sent in two separate parcels, to ensure non-personalised items are despatched within 1 week.
- Express delivery is not available for personalised items.
- All of our personalised pottery is decorated by hand, so you may see a slight variation between personalised pieces depending on the lettering and pattern that you have chosen.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to consider requests for specific decorators and/or layouts.
- Please note that we are unable to script emojis and symbols, such as hearts or stars.
- We will only dispatch first quality personalised pieces, which means we may occasionally have to re-make it. If this happens, we reserve the right to sell the rejected sample in our Factory Outlet shop.
- We reserve the right not to accept personalised orders if we believe the personalisation that has been entered is inappropriate and/or offensive.
General Terms & ConditionsUnless otherwise stated:
- All offers end at 23.59 GMT on the expiry date shown
- We reserve the right to end offers and promotions early at our discretion
- We reserve the right to extend offers and promotions at our discretion
- For offers that require a promotional code, only customers who have been sent the code may redeem the offer
- A product can only be subject to one offer within a single transaction
- Refunds of products included in an offer will reflect the price originally paid for the product
- For multi-buy offers (e.g. 3 for the price of 2) the cheapest item will be free
- Exclusions apply to: products already subject to a discount; Outlet, seconds & discontinued products; Charity mugs (RAF Mug, Royal British Legion Mug, Action Oak), Charity Jute bags, Gold Glass, electronic & paper Gift Vouchers; Collectors Club Membership, Experience Days, Afternoon Tea, Decorating Studio tickets, Baby print experience and Factory Tours, fabric swatches and electrical items.
- Offers and discounts cannot be added retrospectively to an order.
General Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to anyone who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, aged 18 or over except for employees of Emma Bridgewater (the promoter), their subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition or give away.
- One winner will be chosen through a random prize-draw and will be notified within one week.
- The closing date for the competition /give away is stated on the post or in relation to an event is 30 days after the event took place (closing date). Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- If a winner has not replied within one week of being notified, Emma Bridgewater will be entitled to choose another winner.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Emma Bridgewater reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- The winner's name may be published on our news and social media pages and will be contacted by a member of the Emma Bridgewater Team.
Online Gift Vouchers
- Valid online at emmabridgewater.co.uk or via Customer Services only
- Can only be purchased and redeemed in £ Sterling
- Cannot be used to purchase another Online Gift Voucher
- Cash redemption value: 0.001p
- No cancellations are possible for fully or partially redeemed Vouchers
- Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's online account and is not transferable. Account balance can be viewed at any time via the My Account section of the website
- Outstanding order value must be paid via credit or debit card for any orders which exceed the remaining Voucher balance
- Any remaining Voucher balance will expire on the stated Voucher expiry date, 1 year after issue
- We regret that we are unable to extend Voucher expiry dates or re-issue replacements for any part of an expired Voucher balance
- Any Gift Voucher balance applied to a cancelled order will be added as Account Credit to your online account
- Unless you specifically request otherwise, your entire order value will be refunded as Account Credit for refunds against orders containing Gift Voucher payment, even if the original order only contained partial payment by Gift Voucher
- We reserve the right to cancel Online Gift Vouchers and remove any remaining Gift Voucher balance for orders which we believe to be fraudulent or if we believe the Online Gift Voucher has been purchased fraudulently
- Activity we believe to be fraudulent will result in your order being cancelled and may result in your online account being permanently disabled
Order Amendments & Cancellations
Unfortunately we are unable to add items to or remove items from an order once it has been placed.
If you no longer wish to receive delivery of your order, we are able to cancel orders for non-personalised items on your behalf, providing the order has not been prepared for despatch.
With the exception of Personalised, food, Bath & Body and fabric items, you may cancel your order within 28 days of receiving the goods and return the items within it to us to receive a full refund.
Please see the Delivery & Returns section of our website for full details of our returns policy and procedure.
Please ensure you carefully inspect your order upon receipt, as your order will be deemed to be accepted unless you notify us immediately that there is a problem. We are not obliged to accept any rejection of goods by you at a later date.
Free delivery: In order to qualify for free shipping, the $150 threshold must be reached after any promotions or offers have been calculated.
Returns & Refunds
We guarantee all our products for 2 years from the date of purchase. If for any reason your product develops a fault during this period, then just contact us and we will replace it free of charge. You will be required to provide proof of purchase, a photo of the faulty items, or we will request a returns of the items to us (at our expense). If your original item is no longer available, then a like for like replacement will be offered. Please contact the original place of purchase for any items that you did not buy directly from us.
Please click here for our full contact details.
General Legal Information
Emma Bridgewater is the trading name of Emma Bridgewater Ltd. Registered office: Emma Bridgewater Ltd. Jubilee Barn, Ham Court, Bampton, Oxfordshire, OX18 2HG. Registration No. 1943787. VAT No. GB592 686292.
Image rights agreement
If you engage with our social media accounts via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, we might ask if we are able to use your imagery across the website, Social Media channels and retailers' websites. If we like your image and we know others will benefit from seeing it, we want to make sure you know exactly how we intend to use it. By replying to our post with #EByes and providing your permission, you represent and warrant that you own the image and there are no other entities with ownership claims over it. You grant Emma Bridgewater a non-exclusive and non-revocable commercial right to reproduce the image in any form (including, but not limited to, video, internet posting, reproduction, display, email, publication, and distribution), either through our own services or services provided by third parties, throughout the world in any medium now known or later developed and without restriction or limitation. You agree that your image may be used by Emma Bridgewater either alone or in conjunction with sketches, cartoons, captions, films, art work, textural matter or other photographs. While Emma Bridgewater will make commercially reasonable efforts to give you credit for your photo and provide a link back to your social media account, you agree that such credit is not mandatory and your permission for us to use your image is not contingent upon such credit being given. You waive any right to inspect and/or approve the finished work incorporating the image or the advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use of which said finished work may be applied. Further, you waive any claims to royalties with regards to your image or our finished work. Last, you agree that if any provision, or any portion of any provision, contained herein is determined to be invalid under any statute or rule of law, then it shall, to that extent alone, be deemed omitted, and the remainder of this Permission to Use Image Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This Permission to Use Image Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York. If you don’t agree to these terms, we completely understand and no further action is required. We are thrilled to see Emma Bridgewater as a part of your page and look forward to seeing any new photos you post as well. Thanks again and please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Ownership of rights
All rights on this website, including copyright are owned by or licensed to Emma Bridgewater. Copying of this website, or its contents, other than for your own personal non-commercial use is prohibited without our prior consent. Unless explicitly instructed by us, you are forbidden from modifying, deleting, distributing or posting anything on this website for any purpose.
Accuracy of content
We make every effort to ensure all information on this website is accurate and up to date at the time of publication. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT and exclusive of delivery charges.
All photographs on this website are of first quality items. Seconds items are clearly identified and may contain defects not visible in the photographs shown. Please see here for more information on why products are classified as Seconds.
Please note that every piece of pottery is unique so there may be small variations between the photographs on our website and the product you receive.